Chapter 44
Apr. 18th, 2007 07:52 amBut everywhere he looked he saw the signs of war. The Misty Mountains were crawling like anthills: orcs were issuing out of a thousand holes.
FOTR: The Breaking of the Fellowship
~oOo~
Chapter 45
Table of Contents
FOTR: The Breaking of the Fellowship
Chapter 45
Table of Contents
no subject
Date: 2007-04-29 08:44 pm (UTC)I like that the disagreement between the council members seems to be growing more severe; I mean, it would be, wouldn't it? As well as the inevitable personality conflicts, everyone is becoming more and more aware of how the food situation is quickly becoming dire, and there's not really a lot they can do about it. What terrible helplessness!
And any threat of being burned out strikes an unreasonable fear in my heart. I say "unreasonable" because it's never happened to me, yet it's one of those things that I seem to react to on a very visceral level. Don't know why, but there it is. Maybe it's just the level of destruction fire causes - in a time period like this particularly, it's not as if they even have the fire department to help. And oooooh, the granaries up in flames just makes me shudder!
And what on earth does Aragorn think he's off doing?! :)
no subject
Date: 2007-05-01 12:40 am (UTC)Thanks EL. I'm really hoping I'm able to pay it off in the next chapter.
As well as the inevitable personality conflicts, everyone is becoming more and more aware of how the food situation is quickly becoming dire, and there's not really a lot they can do about it. What terrible helplessness!
Good! I'm glad this is effective. It's a little hard to generate tension about something that feels rather abstract, in a way.
Maybe it's just the level of destruction fire causes - in a time period like this particularly, it's not as if they even have the fire department to help.
I've been watching Youtube videos of fires and reading pioneer accounts of prairie fires, it's pretty intense stuff. (As well as many *facepalm* moments documented via video - you wonder how some people survived into adulthood.)
And what on earth does Aragorn think he's off doing?! :)
*snerk*
Thanks again EL! :)